A serene alternative to the car
Many stations accessible by train
You don't like corks? Would you like to do something for the planet? Then take the train to the top of the mountains. A train journey is around 25 times less polluting in terms of carbon footprint than the same journey by car. It's worth noting that many resorts are accessible by train or offer transfers from stations.
- For the resort of Montgenèvre, located in the Hautes-Alpes, you need to take the train to Oulx station, then book a shuttle to take you to the resort in less than 15 minutes.
- If you would like to book one of our residences in Tignes, La Rosière, Sainte-Foy Tarentaise or La Plagne, the nearest station is Bourg-Saint-Maurice.
- For Le Grand-Bornand, Annecy station has excellent connections to major cities such as Lyon and Paris.
- For our Valmorel and Champagny-en-Vanoise residences, the nearest train station is in Moûtiers.
- For Alpe d'Huez, the nearest station is Grenoble.
- For Châtel, take the train to Thonon-les-Bains.
- For Flaine, Les Carroz and Samoëns, the final train stop is Cluses.
- For our Les Houches destination, the nearest stop is Saint-Gervais-les-Bains - Le Fayet.
- For Val Cenis, the nearest stations are Bourg-Saint-Maurice and Modane.
- The resort of La Toussuire is a 30-minute shuttle ride from Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne station.
- The Landry station serves the Peisey-Vallandry resort.
By train from Paris, you'll be in the French Alps in less than 4 hours.
Dreaming and contemplating landscapes
The train is a safer way to travel, allowing you to contemplate splendid, ever-changing landscapes, while relieving yourself of the fatigue and stress of driving. It's also a time to put the finishing touches to your vacation preparations. You can take advantage of this quiet time to read, relax or play a board game with family or friends. Enjoy a ride on the rails to watch the latest film or series. By having fun and being entertained on a train journey, time will fly by until you reach your final destination. Travelling by train is ideal for disconnecting from your daily life and resting after weeks at work. You can easily take a siesta, lulled to sleep by the rhythm of the carriages. A means of transport that invites you to daydream and travel. What's more, it's easy to get something to eat. In TGVs, for example, daily specials are available, as are sandwiches and snacks. A wide range of drinks is also available.
Finally, when you travel by train, unlike by plane, you won't be limited by the size and number of baggage items required. Once you've arrived at the resort, there are plenty of free shuttles to get you around. Other alternatives for mountain vacations are also worth exploring: coach and car-sharing, for example. The only limit is your thirst for adventure. In other words, traveling by train to our beautiful mountains is a serene, practical and environmentally-friendly alternative.